March 7, 2012

Girls Night Out!


Hi there Whimsy fans!!! Cari here with you today.

I just wanted to share 2 projects with you.

The first is a card that I created for Got Sketch Classes - it was based on a layout sketch by Valerie Salmon and I decided to make a card instead of a layout.
I used Imaginisce's Sole Sisters collection (of papers , die-cuts and chipboard shapes) along with the adorable bird!! I just love those birds so much!!
I just put a little glue dot around the bottom portion of the stickpin and tucked him/her behind the chipboard purse ... and voila! Instead cuteness!

Supplies: My Little Bit of Whimsy (Bird stickpin), Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock, Imaginisce (Sole Sisters papers, diecuts, chipboard, canvas stickers, flower), Ek Success (Border punch), other: button

The second project is a layout that I created based on another layout sketch by Valerie Salmon. I loved this summer photo of my daughter at the beach and wanted to keep the colors calm & soothing. The butterfly button and flower stickpin were the absolute perfect embellishments for my page and I just love how they 'pop' with dimension and visual interest.
Supplies: My LIttle Bit of Whimsy (butterfly buttona & flower stickpin), Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock, Jillibean Soup (papers, canvas flower, diecuts and alpha stickers), Ek Success (border punch), Making Memories journal paper, Imaginisce (Glam Rocks: white)

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a super awesome day!

1 comment:

Shellye McDaniel said...

Great projects, Cari! Love your clean and simple style :)