August 17, 2011

Enjoying Summer!

Hi there!! Cari here and I'm thrilled to be able to share my first Whimsy post with you today!!

I love these summer days when we can go to the beach and enjoy the warmth of the sun, the ocean breeze, and then cool off in the water & waves.

I took some pictures a few weeks ago when my kids were playing at the beach. They just love it there and were having so much fun.

This set of pictures are about my youngest. He was playing with his truck in the sand and then saw some waves coming in and got excited. He looked so cute as he jumped up and tried to hop over them. I loved his adorable grin when he turned around to look at me afterwards.

Here's a layout that I created from that day using a combination of Core'dinations Cardstock, some Jillibean Soup alphabet stickers, My Little Shoebox alphabet stickers and October Afternoon patterned papers.

I used the adorable Whimsy fish pin because my youngest just loves the water and swimming. It was perfect for him ... plus it's just stinkin' cute!! I've added a few other Whimsy buttons (ie. textured, star, etc)

And a few close up shots of my layout so you can see some detail.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope you were inspired to use your Whimsy goodies and maybe scrap some of your summer photos!
Have a fabulous day!!!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great papers and design. Love the fish and buttons

Lydia said...

Love this Cari, and that fish is just soooooo cute!!

Alanna said...

Love how you've used the fish pin Cari! Looks divine. Such a fun LO as well - gorgeous colours!

Kathy Skou said...

So cute, LOVE that little fish!

Kathy Skou said...

So cute, LOVE that little fish!