January 11, 2012

Felt a bit like spring today!



The sun is shining and it feels so good!! After days & days of rain out here on the west coast the sun is always a welcome thing!

And because of that warmth & smile that came across my face I decided to create some very simple spring-type cards.

This first one I used the Bumble Bee embellishment to add some visual interest to my card, along with Imaginisce papers (Hippity Hop collection) and a rub-on from American Crafts.



This second card I created using Core'dinations Cardstock, Imaginisce papers (Hippity Hop collection) and a bird stick pin. I wrapped some seam binding ribbon around the pin and tied it into a bow. The pin I stuck behind the back of the papers after I had adhered them to the front of the card ... as sometimes the adhesive is a bit forgiving and still will let you 'sneak' something behind.



I also wanted to share a double page layout with you that I created based on a sketch from Got Sketch? created by Valerie Salmon.


I used some buttons on this layout and they added the right 'pop' of
color and dimension that I was after.


Thanks for stopping by MLBOW today! Hope you enjoyed it & were inspired!
Cari

No comments: